You might be in shock! Steam my vagina? Down there? YES, that’s right!
Since back in 1800 there have always been healers in every community. These healers were revered as paramount members of society because the possessed extensive knowledge of plants and their healing powers. In our modern times we are all seeking ways to heal in a holistic way and Yoni streaming seems to be the up and coming thing, as many women have challenges such as menstrual cramps and infertility that are caused when there is excess build up of uterine lining that perhaps was not shed in the previous moon cycle “encrusted” to the inside of the uteruyoni steam works by applying gentle heat, and moisture that carries medicinal plant oils, to the exterior tissue of the yoni (vagina) and the outside tissue also referred to as the vulva. The warmth and moisture increase circulation to the vulva, causing it to swell and expose the inner labial mucous membranes. This is an ancient practice used by priestesses of Isis as part of their body cleaning rituals. These tissues are very permeable and absorbent, allowing the bloodstream to pick up the medicinal oils and carry them into the inner reproductive system and the uterus. Thus it helps the uterus to cleanse and release any built up on its lining, ensuring the next cycle to be easy and pain-free, it also facilitates an egg to implant, and reduces other uterine abnormalities. The outcome is a healthier and more pleasant menstrual cycle.
In old Mayan tradition, a vaginal steam therapy called pusil ton was used, where a woman sat on top of a bucket of water into which heated rocks were thrown and the steam vapors rose into the yoni to heal and soothe. Traditional Korean healers also used this healing method they called it chai-yok and was believed to be essential to maintain healthy fertility. Victorian doctors in Britain also recorded as using this practice to treat female patients with pelvic inflammatory disease back in 1899.
Thus the Yoni Steam is an ancient practice and has many health benefits, bringing warmth, and increasing blood flow to heal any stagnation or disease, soothing and nourishing the sacred doorway of the Yoni and her delicate tissues, assisting the womb to release old endometrial lining, restoring the PH balance. It may also help with issues such as fertility, PID, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, fibroids, menstrual difficulties, pelvic trauma, and suppleness.
What’s the benefits of yoni steaming?
- Boost fertility (and all avenues of creation)
- Balance and regulate hormones
- Lift and tone uterus and pelvic floor
- Internal Detox
- Balance pH levels
- Increase sensitivity and orgasmic potential
- Decrease PMS and moon time discomforts,
- Boost juiciness and succulence,
- Invites deep connection and communion with your internal guide and gateway. Remember that Yoni steaming is so much more than a medical treatment or uterine health, this practice brings a reconnection to the female body and the wisdom of sacred plant medicine. This is an opportunity for you to celebrate and cherish your body, to learn to enjoy your womb as a beautifully sacred center. Yoni steaming is also about women taking back ownership of your personal health and activating your own intuition to support and nourish your well-being. This practice is about trusting the wisdom of generations of women elevating their perspectives not just as valid but integral to our health.